No need to go to a laundromat because Cloyne has tons of washers and dryers! There are two of each on the first floor (wheelchair-accessible) and four more of each in the basement (not wheelchair-accessible). Washing costs 75 cents and drying costs 50 cents per load. You can use either your own quarters or a handy smartphone app that uses your credit card and connects to the machines via Bluetooth. And did we mention that Cloyne provides you with detergent??
On this page you’ll find more info about using the payment app, fixing broken machines, and preventative maintenance.
Pay for laundry with your phone
- Download the app PayRange to your mobile device.
- Load up your account by using a bank card (they take VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Apple Pay, and Android Pay).
- Pro-tip: You can tweak the settings so that your account is automatically re-loaded whenever your account balance drops below a certain threshold.
- When you’re ready to do laundry, swipe the machine number you’ll be using on the phone to pay.
- Choose the washing/drying settings on-screen and press the start button. Don’t forget to add detergent for laundry!
Maintenance requests for broken machines
Please be cooperative whenever a machine goes out of order, floods, etc., and 1) report it and 2) leave a note that the machine isn’t working!
Nobody in particular is responsible for reporting broken machines. Rather, we expect all members to report broken machines. You can do so through another app, by calling a phone number, or by using a website (see steps below). The machines then get serviced by our laundry machine providers, rather than our Maintenance Managers.
- Download the app FixLaundry to your mobile device.
- Enter the 6-digit machine ID number (or scan the barcode on the machine) and select the machine problem (additional details of the problem can be listed in the comments section).
- If you can’t find the barcode or the ID number, call 1-800-342-5932 to place your service request over the phone.
- Enter your name and a phone number you can be reached at (including area code) so that a representative can contact you to get additional info for completing your service request.
- Once you press submit, a message will prompt confirmation that your request has been submitted.
- If the app isn’t working, visit https://www.fixlaundry.com to submit your request.
In either case (in the app, online, or over the phone), please follow up with a call to a WASH representative to get a window of time for when a technician will be able to make it out to your unit. Also, make sure you have enough time to call because there’s usually a mildly long wait to talk to a representative.
- LEAVE DOORS OPEN : When done with the washer and dryer, keep all doors (even the little one for detergent) open. When air flow is not able to move through the machines, mold/mildew can grow much easier.
- AVOID OVERSTUFFING : As time-saving and cost-effective as it may seem, please avoid overfilling the washer/ dryer as it will not effectively clean your clothes and may throw off the balance of the drum where the clothes go.
- USE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF DETERGENT : Using too much detergent can leave a residue on the inside of the machine and on your clothes.
- CLEAN THE INTERIOR AND DISPENSERS : Yes, you also need to wash the washer. This will help keep it clean and smelling fresh.
- Every month or so, run an empty load of hot water with two cups of white vinegar. In the middle of the wash cycle, add 1⁄2 cup of detergent and then let the full cycle complete.
- WIPE DOWN THE MACHINE : Specifically the drum, door and gasket. Doing this once a month will help ensure the washer won’t give off odors that can seep into your laundry. For this you can use equal parts water and white vinegar to clean the gasket.
- AVOID LEAVING WET CLOTHES FOR TOO LONG : Letting wet clothes sit in the washer for too long can cause mold and mildew to grow.